Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Evolutions (Undead / Lich)

Administrator
    Matrix:

I'll look into it.

Chaos

I've been working with my undead, Psyren, for awhile now. The fact that there isn't any mana recovery makes it difficult, especially if mage and heal levels are low and for that reason I took her back mortal to level up those subs a bit.

I have taken her back to undead again and feel that the undead should have some mana regen maybe as slow as Dark Mage or even a bit slower than that.

Or have mana recovery start very slowly and increase recovery as the undead grows in levels just as the decay damage increases with time and deaths.

Or continue with no mana recovery but have the undead state be a stage on the path to another state of being, such as a vampire.

And/or implement SET's suggestion from another thread to be granted mana regen favors or charms from specific diety's for accomplished tasks and quests or items found in chests.

I have been trying to figure out why somebody would want to stay undead as a way of 'life'. Mana usage is necessary to make repairs on wooden items when in a hunt and to heal up or make heal potions. As it is right now, the undead has to be attached to a town or another player for continued support. With some mana recovery the undead would have more opportunity to stay out of town to continue to hunt.
    Last edited by Psyrus; 10-26-2018 at 04:33 PM.

I agree with Psy that undead as is wouldnt be a long term chr choice for players without mana regen in some form. It gets very expensive buying pots and spending gems to make them useable and undead cant roam to far from town or enjoy extended hunts because of the need for pots.
    SNR (Shut up N Rez) & SDK (SNR DeathKnights)

This morning, I collected my first 10 souls on my Dark Mage character, ErikTheRed. My phylactery is already 20% full, which means it will only need 50 souls to become full. My phylactery is from the month of July, so is probably not the most updated version. What should I do?

Administrator
    Roland:

Just keep playing, it will fix itself at some point.

Chaos

Administrator
    Set/Psyrus:

I'm looking into tweaks for undead.

Chaos

I actually like the idea of a vampire class as the next evolution of the undead. If Dusk incorporates Day and Night, the Vampire can get penalized during daytime hours and get bonuses at night. Hp regen at double the mortal rate with movement as fast as lich as class attribute with no mana regen during day as well and mortal rate of mana regen at night. As well as half dmg received from undead monsters. Vampire may not equip wooden items and instead of a necklace and needing souls, vampire has a blood stone that needs constant filling or vampire suffersdmg until no longer can regen hp.
    SNR (Shut up N Rez) & SDK (SNR DeathKnights)

I think Undead is pretty balanced as is - I do get the point regarding mana regeneration long term, but the reality of hunting big monsters is that in most cases, you be buying & using mana pots - undeads just needs more.

I can see having a low level mana regen for the next evolution of undead maybe...

Yesterday morning, my character ErikTheRed became a lich. My phylactery was full after collecting 200 souls. I collected a couple more and still received the message that I collected a soul even though my phylactery was full. I think that either the collect soul message should stop or there should be a message that says your phylactery is full.

I knew I had to die to get the Lich option, but new players may not know this. My strength decreased from 25 to 15, and hp decreased due to the decrease in strength, but there was no message stating I lost stat points and no explanation. It may not be obvious to new players they will lose strength and hp.

After becoming a Lich, a list of attributes appeared as follows:

no fatigue
    faster mana region
    move slower
    attack slower
    more damage from weapons
    less xp loss when you die

2 of these don't seem right: move slower, more damage from weapons. I would expect liches to move faster and deliver less damage from weapons.

Regarding fatigue and movement, it does not appear that fatigue is implemented and movement seems the same for all character types.

It took about 20 hours for me to go through the dark mage phase until the point where I liched. That seems fine to me. The strength loss is fine. It does not take long to increase strength and hp.

Administrator
    Roland:

Thanks for the info. Correct, fatigue isn't implemented yet.

I'll look into what on the list is fully working and what may not be and what needs to be added to the display.

I'll give a more detailed reasoning behind some of the features once they are finalized.

I'll also look to have this information available from NPC's in the game once I add the ability to talk to misc. monsters/vendors/NPC's.

Chaos

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789