Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ideas & Tweaks

I disagree with the lich (or any transformation) lossing a set amount of strength (stats) reguardless of level. I like the uniqueness of the build as is. A inexperienced player building a lich quickly vs a experience player taking his time. If your willing to put in the effort you should be rewarded for that effort. I hate the idea of cookie cutter transformations. A one size fits all idea maybe ideal for the guy who wants everything fast and now. It's dusk, not burger king...

Administrator
    Roland:

I was not offended and don't take my responses as an attack on your comments. I want to foster an open community where all comments are heard and welcomed. I was just adding my 2 cents to what you had brought up.

I understand your point and I understand the direction of what you are suggesting.

It does make sense from a certain standpoint, but one of the interesting things about the system of Shade/Dusk is that depending on how you build your character, we get vastly different versions of the same character and that hopefully, no two characters are the same.

I see the merits of both methods. Lich is in its first incarnation, I'll tweak it a bit with the new creation method and see where it lands.

Don't stop throwing out ideas/opinions, they are very helpful.

Chaos

i think it would be nice to see a bit of variation based on what terrain type of tile you are standing on.. for instance standing behind a tree you take dlightly less damage from ranged attacks and maybe a bit more damage from gire spells.. that coupled with what i posted sbout doing a tiny bit more damage from rsnged attacks when in a linebof sight would make the battles more interesting and make every battle that much more unique giving the game alot more replay value

so has anyone accidentally sold their main armor unintentionally. I have sold 2 sets of glazed pl8 in the last two days by mistake. This generally happens when I go to drink a pot I accidentally drag leather armor and end up changing gear not realizing it. Then I go back to the shop and sell my pack along with my main armor. Why do I have an extra 1800 gold in my pack?

Maybe a confirmation to confirm you want to switch armor. I generally do not switch armor in the field, occasionally change from ranger to fighter weapon so I do not think that this would become a nag and would help prevent us from selling our demon foils or ethereal gear.

Rug, your main chr, or lilrugby? I will send you my extra. This IS an issue. I am constantly 'equiping' my drops, when trying to drink a pot.
    {Players With Honor} and {Warriors With Integrity}

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    so has anyone accidentally sold their main armor unintentionally. I have sold 2 sets of glazed pl8 in the last two days by mistake. This generally happens when I go to drink a pot I accidentally drag leather armor and end up changing gear not realizing it. Then I go back to the shop and sell my pack along with my main armor. Why do I have an extra 1800 gold in my pack?

Maybe a confirmation to confirm you want to switch armor. I generally do not switch armor in the field, occasionally change from ranger to fighter weapon so I do not think that this would become a nag and would help prevent us from selling our demon foils or ethereal gear.
    Ah rugby, a glazed plate armor was found in an ogre drop just recently .... think maybe one was dropped in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
    Ah rugby, a glazed plate armor was found in an ogre drop just recently .... think maybe one was dropped in the field.
    Yep, that was mine. thanks muk and psy. Maybe the solution is not to allow swapping of gear from the pack, that you actually have to unequip, then equip. obviously that would take an extra space in your pack, but it eliminates the potential of accidentally equipping stuff when you mean to drink a pot. or change how you drink a pot.i.e. the location where you swap equip is different than the location to drink a pot, so if you accidentally are dragging gear in lieu of a pot you cannot drink gear.

It does not happen that often but enough to be devastating if you sell a sorc set and dont mean to. or you are fighting a boss and equip leather when you meant to drink a pot.

It wouldn't take an extra space in pack to unequip, it's already taken a space to have the gear on. But yes, the quick swap should be eliminated and that would help us unintentionally swapping loot for gear.

I would like a confirmation to unequiped items especially before being dropped. It would help us out from accidently switching dropping or selling our gear. Also a teleport spell would be great. Allow us to teleport to towns we been to already or if too much even like old shade the last town we where at would be good.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456